Tuesday, February 15, 2011

More Singing

There are many things in my brain to "blog out" not the least of which is our recent trip to the Children's Museum. For tonight there is just more singing, i'll try for the rest tomorrow....as that would take loading pictures and i am fairly certain my time is limited by little Theodore who will start crying as soon as she notices that Dave is on duty.

This past week Theodore, Alvin and Mamadavia were out and about........and as if on cue when we got settled in the van and off on the highway, Theodore started crying. Every mom knows the desperation to stop the screaming but knowing that you are nearly powerless to do so while operating a vehicle.
In this particular time of desperation i starting singing...........while i may not have the soothing effect on everyone, i always hold out hope that can calm my own children. If nothing else they have something to laugh about when they are in therapy.
"I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart...where...down in my heart......"
Alvin immediately wants to know where i have learned this song, because he never heard me sing it and he learned it in sunday school. It seemed quite scandelous to him that i knew this song that he thought only he knew.

So, since Joy is Theodore's middle name.....we started singing it quite often in the past few days. It's quite adorable to watch Alvin sing it Theodore and watch her face light up....and Simon has gotten in on the deal, never wanting to miss the fun.

Tonight Alvin is sining and i swear i hear him say....."down in my heart...where...down in my heart tuesday". I wasn't sure that is what he said but since it struck me as cute i would rather remember it as that and not clarify it :) even funnier thinking that today is tuesday.
Then just minutes later it strikes me that Simon is saying that she has the "theodore" joy down her heart.....

For the record, my singing did calm her down when we were in the van.......maybe it reminded her that her middle name is Joy and maybe she should show a little....or maybe she burped and felt better. I'll take whatever i can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment